Re: Pinnacle dc10 on Debian Lenny (Kernel 2.6.26-1-686)

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:37:31 -0200, Ignacio Mondino wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd Like to know if somebody had a pinnacle dc10 video capture
> board working on Debian Lenny.
>
> The thing is that the card is recognized on boot and the ZR36060
> kernel module is correctly loaded but it seems that the device /dev/video0
> is not present on the system.
>
> Is there some reference about the options I can pass to the kernel module?
> Google isn't really helpful in this case. :P

According to "/sbin/modinfo zr36060", there are two parameters:

low_bitrate: Buz compatibility option, halves bitrate (bool)
debug:       Debug level (0-4) (int)

I would try this (as root):

modprobe -r zr36060
modprobe -v zr36060 debug=4
dmesg | grep zr36

and hope that it turns up a clue.

(These are just some general troubleshooting suggestions; I don't know
 this card.)

          Florian   |