Re: how to separate Debian list emails from my other emails ...

David Bernier wrote:
> Dear Debian users,
>
> I use the Icedove mail-client for my email.  Icedove works like Thunderbird.
> I continue my subscription so that I can send mail to the list.
>
> With the high volume on this list, it's necessary for me to sift through
> lots
> of headers to separate the List messages from my other email.

the way I make filters in Icedove is:
right-click either the FROM address, or the TO address if it is sent to
a list ( You might have to make an additional entry in the filter if
someone CCs the list).
select Create Filter from Message
it will bring up a new window with Filter Rules as a header.
the top window shows the From address IS debian-user@lists.debian.org

below that are actions. I normally select:
Move Message TO:
select that drop-down and select the folder I want it sent to.

on the top part where you have the FROM, if you click the "+" symbol it
will add another line where you can add CC .. or Subject Contains, or....
and you can click the radio buttons for Match ANY, or match ALL of the
conditions.
click OK
the click on that filter ( you should have given it a NAME..) and click
the RUN NOW box, to try it out. If it worked your email will now be
inthe folder you specified. If not, click EDIT and see if you can change
something.. Sometimes it starts with FROM when you really wanted it to
be TO.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800