Re: how to separate Debian list emails from my other emails ...

Dear Aioanei Rares,

Aioanei Rares wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 6:09 PM, David Bernier <david250@videotron.ca>wrote:
>

>> Dear Debian users,
>>
>> I use the Icedove mail-client for my email.  Icedove works like
>> Thunderbird.
>> I continue my subscription so that I can send mail to the list.
>>
>> With the high volume on this list, it's necessary for me to sift through
>> lots
>> of headers to separate the List messages from my other email.
>>
>> I think the List messages also  go to Usenet.  Any help with ideas
>> in managing all these emails (List + others) would be appreciated.
>>
>> David Bernier
>>

>> --
>>

> Since i'm subscribed to more than one list on debian-*, all i did was create
> a new email account, since i expected lots of mail traffic, and that's it.
> Hope it helps. :)

I have now created a filter based on the "To:"  header field, with a rule
that if debian-use@lists.debian.org is the thing in the "to:" field,
then put the email in a new local folder I call:  "DebianUserList".

So I should soon see if this works.

Thanks for all suggestions,

David Bernier