Re: Problems in Debian Lenny XFCE I386 Weekly 20080922

Hi Masatran

Masatran / Deepak, R. wrote:
I recently installed Debian Lenny XFCE I386 Weekly 20080922 alongside Debian
Etch. I use Sawfish with XFCE panel, Thunar, etc. I have these problems:

Do not put all your questions in one email. Moreover your mail looks
like you did not try hard enough by yourself. Tough I must confess
that I do by far not consider myself to be a first class hacker I did
not understand much of your questions.
1. Some XFCE icons are missing, including "Show Desktop". Thunar shows the
   same icon (sheet of paper) for everything.

2. MPD won't play. Sonata says "No Read Permission". I copied the config
   from Etch but it doesn't work. NMap shows nothing running on port 6600.

3. CHBG is missing <http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=chbg>. The
   Etch version has dependency problems. The experimental version is missing
   the I386 version. I tried QIV but the wallpaper doesn't show up through
   translucent XFCE terminal.

4. Firefox takes me to a web page that says that it is an alpha build. But I
   thought that Lenny is frozen? Am I misunderstanding something?

5. LUKS couldn't decrypt my home partition; I thought I had lost all my data
   :-( Etch was able to read it fine. However, when I rebooted into Lenny,
   the partition worked fine.

sam