Re: [Debian-User] iceweasel + lprng

Javier Vasquez <jevv.cr@gmail.com>:
>  On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:40 PM, s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:
> > Javier Vasquez <jevv.cr@gmail.com>:
> >>
> >>  When I try to print a page from iceweasel, if I have lprng as my
> >>  spooler engine, I don't  get in the file-print menu an option to print
> >>  PostScript/default as I do with iceape.
> >
> > If you tell me what to look for in about:config, I'll try to help
> > debug this with you.
>
>  You can look for "print.printer_PostScript/default".  Actually I saw

Yes, that's there.  V. 2.0.0.16.  Among others, I see:

  print.printer_PostScript/default.print_command lpr \
    ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+-P"$MOZ_PRINTER_NAME"}

(0) phreaque /home/keeling_ echo $MOZ_PRINTER_NAME
lp
(0) phreaque /home/keeling_ lpq
Printer: lp@phreaque 'To your left'
 Queue: no printable jobs in queue

fwiw, btw, speaking to another poster I do have xprint installed, but
it's apparently unused.  I'd heard that xorg made xprint superfluous,
so I stopped using it.