Re: [Debian-User] iceweasel + lprng

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:40 PM, s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:
> Javier Vasquez <jevv.cr@gmail.com>:
>>
>>  When I try to print a page from iceweasel, if I have lprng as my
>>  spooler engine, I don't  get in the file-print menu an option to print
>>  PostScript/default as I do with iceape.
>
> I do.  I may have done something to get it to work here, but I'm not
> sure if I changed anything, or this is stock behaviour.  Perhaps blow
> away/purge iceweasel and re-install it?!?  Just guessing, and I doubt
> that's necessary.
>
> If you tell me what to look for in about:config, I'll try to help
> debug this with you.

You can look for "print.printer_PostScript/default".  Actually I saw
lots of options in iceape for this printer, but as it didn't work by
setting 1st the print command, I just didn't want to go ahead and
blindly set by hand all those options.  Maybe there's a specific one
that might do the trick, but just looking at the options I couldn't
figure it out...

BTW, I'm using iceweasel 3.0.3.  Maybe that makes the difference
between your iceweasel and mine, :).

> btw, I don't use iceape, so no idea why the two aren't in sync.

I've always used iceape, just a matter of taste, but requiring this
web-based ms-communicator thing made me some time back start using
iceweasel...  I had to also start using icedove, when I always used
the mail piece of iceape, because of its lack of calendar support
(again required for mettings and the like)...

> --
> Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
> (*)    http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html      Linux Counter #80292
> - -    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html    Please, don't Cc: me.

Thanks,

--