OT: Linode & VPSVille (was: Re: virtual private server? advice requested)

Sam Kuper wrote:
I made a shortlist for this sort of thing myself recently. It was largely inspired by http://djangohosting.org/ with the addition of VPSVille <http://vpsville.ca> . I opted for VPSVille, though I'm only paying month-on-month and I'm automating things as far as possible so that I can switch to another VPS provider (or duplicate my server setups) if I want to. VPSVille actually had a few hiccups themselves recently but seem to have recovered quickly.

Anyone have any experience with Linode? I've been thinking about getting an account with them (or VPSVille) for personal stuff in the next few months, and I'm trying to get some opinions on both.

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator
Federation of Students