Re: OT: Linode & VPSVille

On 10/16/2008 10:25 AM, Eric Gerlach wrote:
Anyone have any experience with Linode?

I have had a $20US/mo. linode running Etch for about 3 months. It was dead simple to set up, has been completely stable, has seen no host load issues, and the bandwidth has been outstanding. I've been using it as a remote application benchmarking client, so low latency and high throughput was a welcome surprise. The Linode control panel seems to be well thought out.

I have no experience with Slicehost (nor VPSville), but what sold me on Linode was the slightly better hardware specs for the same price, and the fact that I did not have to pay up front for 3 months, as Slicehost requires.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael Shuler