Re: OT: Linode & VPSVille (was: Re: virtual private server? advice requested)

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:25:11AM -0400, Eric Gerlach wrote:
> Anyone have any experience with Linode?  I've been thinking about getting
> an account with them (or VPSVille) for personal stuff in the next few
> months, and I'm trying to get some opinions on both.

I've been with Linode for 3+ years and have nothing but good to say about
them. Although they're perhaps a little more expensive than other providers
their upstream bandwidth is good, my VPS uptime is typically in the
hundreds of days (the only outages I've had from Linode have typically been
because of power issues at ThePlanet's datacentre in Austin, TX) and at
least once a year I've received free upgrades to my VPS plan.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner
mj@mjturner.net      <>  http://mjturner.net/