Re: Removing swfdec-mozilla removes gnome?

On 10/16/08 02:52, Aioanei Rares wrote:

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 5:28 AM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net
[snip]

    apt-get would only remove the meta-package and leave the other packages.

    It would, however, nag you about the auto-installed packages,
    telling you how to get rid of them.  If, however, you wanted to keep
    (some of) them, just "apt-get install" them, and apt-get will learn
    that you want to keep them.

I got the same problem few days ago and I had to reinstall my gnome...now when i do apt-get update && apt-get upgrade it always keeps back swfdec-mozilla.

Totally understandable, since "apt-get update" is designed to only update *existing* packages. Any needs-updating package that now requires a new package gets held back.

# apt-get --simulate install swfdec-mozilla

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.