Re: Removing swfdec-mozilla removes gnome?

On 2008-10-15 21:51 +0200, Carl Fink wrote:

> OK, can anyone possibly explain to me why removing swfdec-mozilla results in
> removing gnome?  That's a challenge.

An easy one, the gnome metapackage depends on swfdec-mozilla, so that is
the logical outcome.

But maybe you are more interested in the question why gnome depends on
swfdec-mozilla in the first place.  I don't know that; probably because
the Debian Gnome maintainers consider a flash plugin necessary for good
desktop experience.

Sven