update: Can't config cups printer, problem gone

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 04:14:35 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> I can't config my cups printer in my newly installed lenny system.

Somehow, the command

 /usr/lib/cups/backend/usb

now returns my printer info.

I turn off and on the printer before running the command, both when
posting the OP, and now. The only different might be that I restarted the
cups services this time.

Thanks everyone for your help. BTW, the initial problem when I can't add
my printer is that, in my newly installed lenny system root password is
different from what I used to have and I've forgot about that because I
always use sudo su -- A fool's mistake will baffle a thousand wise guys.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/