Re: Etch 4.0r4a desktop how to set resolution and refresh rate?

Jeff Soules wrote:
Hm.  For me it's Desktop menu -> Preferences -> Screen Resolution.

Thank you. I thought it should be something simple, but am unfamiliar with the Gnome UI. :-)

The "Resolution" drop-down list has the resolutions I picked when installing. But the "Refresh rate" drop-down list only seems to offer 60 Hz. Do I need to do the math and edit an X configuration file somewhere? I recall doing such years ago, but was hoping that X had advanced to the point that it could detect available resolutions and refresh rates of the video card and/or monitor and make them available simply (similar to Windows).

Again, is there current and complete documentation for Etch 4.0r4a?

TIA,

David