Re: Etch 4.0r4a desktop how to set resolution and refresh rate?

Hm.  For me it's Desktop menu -> Preferences -> Screen Resolution.
(http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2me4kys&s=4)

Do you not have a desktop menu?  I know my Gnome configuration is a
little weird, it seems to be missing a common top-level menu...