Kerberos with LDAP backend / Replace active directory

I'm looking to setup Kerberos with an LDAP backend, I have found a couple of
howtos and nothing seems to be complete.

Has anybody set this up before and have documentation on how to replicate it.

Basically what I am doing is trying to replace our Active Directory, with a
samba domain.
--
Thank you,

Clifford W. Hansen