Re: Kerberos with LDAP backend / Replace active directory

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 22:10 +0200, Clifford W. Hansen wrote:
> I'm looking to setup Kerberos with an LDAP backend, I have found a couple of
> howtos and nothing seems to be complete.
>
> Has anybody set this up before and have documentation on how to replicate it.
>
> Basically what I am doing is trying to replace our Active Directory, with a
> samba domai

Well, this link has a real good howto on the ldap part and another one
on kerberos on ldap:

http://techpubs.spinlocksolutions.com/dklar/ldap.html

http://techpubs.spinlocksolutions.com/dklar/kerberos.html

Not sure if that answers your question, but it is a start on getting an
LDAP server up and running with kerberos authentication.  Then you can
work on the SAMBA part and plug in LDAP.

HTH

--
Damon L. Chesser <damon@damtek.com>