Re: Kerberos with LDAP backend / Replace active directory

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Clifford W. Hansen wrote:

Has anybody set this up before and have documentation on how to replicate it.

I had an existing LDAP setup for Linux/AIX/Samba  - and it was trivial
to get Heimdal-kdc up and running using the existing LDAP database,
just had to add the requisite Krb5Principal entries to LDAP

Basically what I am doing is trying to replace our Active Directory, with a
samba domain.

I didn't need anything beyond a NT4 domain - so the combination worked
fine for me...  If you rely on anything beyond NT4 domain, you'll need
samba4 (in experimental)

--
Rick Nelson
Now I know someone out there is going to claim, "Well then, UNIX is intuitive,