Re: Debian Installation Impossible on SATA HDD

cobra wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm new here and english is not my native language.
> I hope to find some help about an unsolved issue concerning the impossible
> installation of Debian on SATA hard disk.
> I'm trying to install linux Debian 4,0 (Etch Stable distrib) on my new hard
> disk SATA and more precisely on a partition of 200Gio.

[...]
> Indeed, my SATA hard disk is not detected/recognized and consequently
> installation fails. Installer propose a list of "driver" to select but no
> one is working in my case. I've contacted Western Digital but they cannot
> solve my problem.
>
> PS: With tis HDD SATA, installation was successfull with Mandriva2008,
> Ubuntu 8,0. But NOT DEBIAN????
>
> Please, could you help me to fix this issue?

You might want to try the new Etch-and-a-half installer, which contains
a newer kernel, and hopefully support for your sata controller.

And please do not hijack threads, if you want to post a new message, use
the "New message" button, not the "Reply" one.

--
Paranoid schizophrenics outnumber their enemies at least two to one.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb