[solved] scanjet 6200c

On Wed,  3 Sep 2008 06:48:11 +0000 (UTC)

> I can't get my system to recognize my scanjet 6200c.  It used to work,
> with xsane, but now it doesn't.  I'm using Etch, with Fluxbox.
>
> Mark

Okay. I figured it out.  I had to unplug the scanner, plug it back in,
then both root and normal user could find it.  Only root, initially,
could find and use it with xsane, but, after several tries, for reasons
unknown to me, my normal user can now find the scanner and use it via
xsane.  So, solved.

The lesson, of course, is when in doubt, just unplug things, and
then plug 'em back in.

Mark