Re: Strange problem with copy paste.

Just to confirm, because my GF was the one who told me about this, she had clicked on it, but this mallware doesn't work on Linux does it?

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Dave Thayer <debian0823316.dmthayer@recursor.net> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:53:46PM -0500, Jesse Welling wrote:
> So apparently it was this:
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1733
>
> So any idea on the angle they are trying to attack once you go to the
> website?

Well, I couldn't resist clicking.. (running iceweasel on Debian, what
could possibly go wrong?) You get redirected to a fake malware scan
site which, big surprise, indicates that you need to download and
install Antivirus 2009 which is a fairly well known mallware.

Cheers,

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | Whenever you read a good book, it's like the
Denver, Colorado USA  | author is right there, in the room talking to