RE: Strange problem with copy paste.

>From: Jesse Welling [mailto:jesse.welling@gmail.com]
>Subject: Strange problem with copy paste.

>Hi all,
>I'm running Debian Testing for reference. The problem I'm having seems very very suspicious to me, and please don't think this is a joke, but I >think my clipboard (or whatever takes care of copy paste) has broken. No mater what I try to copy from I can only paste this http://xp-vista->update.net/?id=91873534231, which feels a lot like some kind of malware to me.  Has any one else seen this?
>
>Jesse W.

Do you use rdesktop? If so, that is probably your problem. I have noticed and reported this problem before. I can only replicate it with rdesktop when I am cutting/pasting between Linux and the Windows rdesktop session. I can copy paste within the rdesktop just fine, but none of the copies will copy out to Gnome. Gnome just pastes the same thing over and over again regardless of where the copy was done (or how. Eg: shortcut keys, mouse, or menu).

The solution I found was to close rdesktop, and then everything works as it should; even when you reopen rdesktop.

Of course, if you are not using rdesktop then sorry. I have never seen this problem outside of it.

Good luck!

Have Fun!

~S~