Re: pdflatex has problem with searching files

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 01:31:12AM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > $ kpsepath tex | sed 's/:/\n/g'
> > ./
> > /home/boza/.texinputs/
> >
> > I guess this is the problem. It includes only two directories.
>
> Yes, there should be much more output, including
>
> !!/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex///
>
> > How can I fix it?
>
> Let's first check if you have set any environmental variables that could
> influence the search paths. Which output do you get from this command:
>
> env | grep -Ei 'path|tex'

Yes, this was the problem!
I had in my ./bashrc line

export TEXINPUTS='./:/home/boza/.texinputs/'

When I removed it pdflatex run as expected and:
$ kpsepath tex | sed 's/:/\n/g'
.
/home/boza/.texmf-config/tex/kpsewhich//
/home/boza/.texmf-var/tex/kpsewhich//
/home/boza/texmf/tex/kpsewhich//
/etc/texmf/tex/kpsewhich//
!!/var/lib/texmf/tex/kpsewhich//
!!/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/kpsewhich//
!!/usr/share/texmf/tex/kpsewhich//
!!/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/kpsewhich//
!!/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/kpsewhich//
/home/boza/.texmf-config/tex/generic//
/home/boza/.texmf-var/tex/generic//
/home/boza/texmf/tex/generic//
/etc/texmf/tex/generic//
!!/var/lib/texmf/tex/generic//
!!/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/generic//
!!/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic//
!!/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic//
!!/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/generic//
/home/boza/.texmf-config/tex///
/home/boza/.texmf-var/tex///
/home/boza/texmf/tex///
/etc/texmf/tex///
!!/var/lib/texmf/tex///
!!/usr/local/share/texmf/tex///
!!/usr/share/texmf/tex///
!!/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex///
!!/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex///

Thank you Florian for helping me. I would never find myself
what was the problem.

Just for clarification: I use tex something like  once in a year or two.
Last time I was experimenting with eval4tex and tex2page packages
so I added that line into .bashrc. Since it was long ago I did forget all
about it. And hence the problem now.

Misko