Re: Fwd: flash in lenny with iceweasel 3

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 15:33:30 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:07:26 +0200 Steve S wrote:
>
> Hello Steve,
>
> > a default plugin as there is now (sfwdec-mozilla), as long as I can
> > purge it w/o also purging Gnome.
>
> I suspect you won't actually lose Gnome at all, just the meta-package
> "Gnome" which, if loaded, would pull in swfdec-mozilla.

It should be safe to remove sfwdec-mozilla and let it take the gnome
meta-package with it, but one has to make sure that the other
dependencies of "gnome" are not marked as automatically installed,
otherwise these "unused" packages might be removed as well.

It seems that the underlying problem of reliable flash plugin selection
will now be addressed by shifting it to Debian's alternatives system:

          Florian   |