flash in lenny with iceweasel 3

Hi all

I'm running a freshly installed lenny (lenny beta2 netinst) + Gnome and
Iceweasel 3.0.1.

I have 2 questions:

1) libflashplayer.so

On my old system (sarge, dist-upgraded to testing), I had flash working with
flashplugin-nonfree. I did some research (including the last flash-related
threads) and it seems that libflashplayer.so is now available in backports or
sid (flashplugin-nonfree) or debian-multimedia (flashplayer-mozilla).

Say I want to go a "standard repository route" (i.e. testing main contrib
non-free, none of the above). `apt-cache search` offers 3 alternative browser
plugins, which are quite new to me:

libflash-mozplugin
mozilla-plugin-gnash
swfdec-mozilla

Which of these is recommended, if any. What do people use?

2) swfdec-mozilla, swfdec-gnome

In an attempt to test if libflashplayer.so would still work, I

    * downloaded it from the Adobe site and put it into ~/.mozilla/plugins/ (or
      /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/)

    * deleted .mozilla/firefox/blablaxyz.default/pluginreg.dat

But about:plugins said that IW uses libswfdecmozilla.so. Going to a site with
flash content invokes libswfdecmozilla.so, and no video is played.

Trying to `apt-get remove --purge swfdec-mozilla` or swfdec-gnome would result
in a complete removal of Gnome(!), since, according to `apt-cache showpkg
swfdec-mozilla`, it reverse-depends on Gnome.

Why is that, if it's "only" a browser plugin?

To deactivate it's usage, I renamed

    /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libswfdecmozilla.so    ->
    /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/__libswfdecmozilla.so

But even then, about:plugins tells me that IW uses "__libswfdecmozilla.so".
Very impressive. I had to remove(!) it from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ to force
IW to use libflashplayer.so.

So, is this the only way to switch swfdec-mozilla off?

TIA!

best,
steve