Re: what does "|" mean in the output of apt-cache depends and rdepends commands?

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 04:08:31PM -0700, Ray Liere wrote:
> I have installed Debian 4.0r3 (etch). I am new to Debian (but have quite
> a bit of experience using linux). I do not understand the meaning of
> the "|" that appears once in a while in the output of the "depends" and
> "rdepends" apt-cache commands.

    I'm guessing "or".  "Suggests this, or this or this".  In the example
where the suggests were three different front ends for apt you would only need
one, really.

       PGP Key: 1FC01004       | main connection to the switchboard of souls.