Re: New Debian Install Blackscreen

On 08/09/08 00:32, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
[snip]

there are several ways to go about this. What you need to do first,
I think, is find out which video driver is trying to run that
card. Realise that the 8xxx series cards are having lots of trouble
with the nvidia drivers. I've given up on getting decent 2d
performance for now and moved back to the nv driver. But that's
another story.

I think that's because they don't have internal frame buffers, but are strongly tuned towards DX10 performance.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Scientists are people, too.  IOW, they also "crave power, money,
respect, and influence, and they also fear for their jobs. Each
can be a healthy motivator, but each has the ability to turn a
good scientist into a bad one; and in some cases, they can turn
a good scientist into a charlatan."
http://thefutureofthings.com/book/3/the-bomb-that-never-was.html