Re: lynx upgrade issue?

Cameron Hutchison <lists@xdna.net> wrote:
CH> crank@got.net (i'll teach you to turn away.) writes:
>>       right, i tried putting exactly that in ~/.lynx/colors, but it
>>ignored me. only editing /etc/lynx-cur/lynx.lss changes the colors - &
>>they're laid out ENTIRELY differently from my old lynx color entries,
>>which match what you've dumped here (except for the exact colors
>>themselves). what's going on with my system?! heh.
CH> Aha, found it.
CH> I also have:
CH> COLOR_STYLE:
CH> in /etc/lynx-cur/local.cfg

	ok. this is the entirity of my /etc/lynx-cur/local.cfg:

# local overides for lynx-cur configuration
STARTFILE:http://www.debian.org/
NNTPSERVER:cis.dfn

	there's nothing in there about color_style. in fact, the only
thing in the entire directory about color_style is in
/etc/lynx-cur/lynx.cfg.dpkg-dist, whatever that is. & it's already
commented out:

#COLOR_STYLE: lynx.lss

CH> It looks like it defaults to
CH> COLOR_STYLE: lynx.lss
CH> so by turning that off, it looks like thats how I got it to pay
CH> attention to my ~/.lynx/colors file.
CH> Hopefully there was nothing else I changed - it was a while ago so I've
CH> forgotten all about it.

	so anyway, taking the Logical Next Step, i added this to
/etc/lynx-cur/local.cfg:

COLOR_STYLE: ~/.lynx/colors

	...& lynx still totally ignores it. :( i hate the new colors, i
can't get them to do exactly what old lynx did, & it's making me crazy.
any other suggestions?

lish
crank@got.net