lynx upgrade issue?

	so in fixing my pine issue (see pine thread), i
reinstalled/upgraded lynx. the new lynx removed lynx-ssl & installed
lynx-cur. the problem there is that it completely ignores my color
preferences, which are fairly important considering i generally hate
graphics & color & spent some time coming up with a nice lynx layout
that doesn't make me insane. i checked both local & system .cfg, &
while it retained my color settings, it just ignores them. new lynx is
primarily green & horrible.

	so i downgraded back to lynx/stable, & the color was restored.
however, lynx-ssl no longer exists. so i'm having trouble seeing secure
sites (same as many years ago before i realized i needed lynx-ssl).
plus it's also doing something else odd - SOME sites, not all, won't
just load, but repeatedly cause lynx to pause, with a "Using
/tmp/whatever/whatever.9834014" message at the bottom. for some unknown
reason, lynx is cache'ing everything on SOME sites, & it's taking extra
time to load everything because it's stopping to tell me about all the
cache'ing.

	i'm happy with either upgrading & keeping my colors, or
downgrading & keeping my colors. any ideas? change is scary. :D TIA
again.

lish
crank@got.net