Re: lynx upgrade issue?

Cameron Hutchison <lists@xdna.net> wrote:
CH> crank@got.net (i'll teach you to turn away.) writes:
>>       so in fixing my pine issue (see pine thread), i
>>reinstalled/upgraded lynx. the new lynx removed lynx-ssl & installed
>>lynx-cur. the problem there is that it completely ignores my color
>>preferences, which are fairly important considering i generally hate
>>graphics & color & spent some time coming up with a nice lynx layout
>>that doesn't make me insane. i checked both local & system .cfg, &
>>while it retained my color settings, it just ignores them. new lynx is
>>primarily green & horrible.
CH> The lynx-cur config is the /etc/lynx-cur directory for system wide stuff
CH> and ~/.lynx for per-user stuff.
CH> One of the per-user files is ~/.lynx/colors where you can put your
CH> color preferences. I have added this file myself and have been able to
CH> change the colors.

	ok, so i added the directory ~/.lynx & i dumped the color settings
into ~/.lynx/colors but it's still green. however, i did find that
/etc/lynx-cur has a .lss file in it which apparently controls color in a
totally different layout than old lynx. wow, that's irritating. time to
edit manually for a half hour i guess.

	thanks for your help.

lish
crank@got.net