Re: to cluster or not? what's best solution for 2-node HA?

On Jul 28, 7:20 pm, Alex Samad <a...@samad.com.au> wrote:
> [...]
[SNIP]

> > So I'm really looking for the best open, linux based solution.  The
> > more & more I look into this, the more it seems to me like drbd v8
> > running in primary/primary config, over GFS might be the best way to
> > go...
>
> gfs is going to need some shared storage, I believe esx will do their
> virtual motion over lan as well.

Alex -
TX again for sharing your knowledge...

I also believe this to be correct (esx v-motion over lan).

FYI/FWIW:
I'm continuing to look for an open-source solution that emulates esx's
behavior - but using vmware-server-free version.
I currently believe that drbd 8 / heartbeat is the next best thing...

I'll post more information if I find something different...

Bob