Re: [OT perhaps] Any way to restore Iceweasel 2 behavior in the Navigation bar?

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 08:35:56 -0400, Patrick Wiseman (pwiseman@gmail.com) wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Brian Marshall <bmars@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

[snip]

> > I've seen lots of people complain about the awesomebar in fx3, but they
> > usually do it immediately after noticing it without giving it a chance.
>
> I dislike it.  No doubt I'll get used to it, probably by ignoring it.

Maybe because of this but mostly because of several other irritations,
the latest of which was with .pdf files causing occasional segfaults, I
purged Iceweasel 3 and replaced it with Iceweasel 2.0.0.16 (and my,
fortunately, backed up pre-IW3 ~/.mozilla directory).

I had not thought IW3 was especially slow, despite having read various
tales of woe on this list and elsewhere, but returning to IW2 was like a
breath of fresh air.  It just seems much more nimble and responsive.

Presumably at some point FF2/IW2 will cease to be supported, but I'll
stick with it for the time being.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.