Re: [OT perhaps] Any way to restore Iceweasel 2 behavior in the Navigation bar?

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Brian Marshall <bmars@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 22:55:05 -0400
> "Patrick Wiseman" <pwiseman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> I mostly like Firefox/Iceweasel 3 but I hate what they've done to the
>> navigation bar.  Clicking on the down-arrow at the right now brings up
>> unclassified bookmarks or something instead of recently visited sites.
>>  (Is it an attempt to replicate some sort of IE behavior?  I wouldn't
>> know, but if so, why???)  Yes, I know there's another down-arrow on
>> the toolbar to bring up recent sites visited, but it's TAB-SPECIFIC.
>> And I use tabs a lot, tabs being one of the things which makes Firefox
>> terrific.  I want to be able to click on that right down-arrow and get
>> the list of recently-visited sites (without regard to tab) I used to
>> get.  Is there any way to do that, or did some geek or other decide to
>> change the user experience irrevocably for no good reason?
>>
>> Patrick
>>

> You do know there's a "most visited" smart bookmark, right? And that
> the awesomebar tries to sort by relevance?

By relevance??  Of the 12 sites listed there right now, 10 are just
uncategorized bookmarks that I haven't visited in months at least.
The top two are AMONG the many more than 2 sites I've visited since
getting ff3 about 10 days ago.  And the sites listed have little in
common, so relevance to what, I have to wonder.

> I've seen lots of people complain about the awesomebar in fx3, but they
> usually do it immediately after noticing it without giving it a chance.

I dislike it.  No doubt I'll get used to it, probably by ignoring it.

Patrick