Re: [OT] Setting up getmail to retrieve mails from gmail [Was: Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]]

On Mon,28.Jul.08, 22:45:54, Arvind Marathe wrote:

> > Actually I do have two (because I am subscribed with a different
> > address), I just don't do anything about it. Why should I?
>
> Perhaps i was not clear. When i write a mail to d-u, (say this mail
> for example), the copy obviously gets stored in "sent-mail" by
> default. After some time, i get another copy of the same mail, since i
> am subscribed to d-u. (In your case, gmail does not send you copies of
> your own mails to d-u).

But my gmail address is *not subscribed* to this list. I have *another*
address where I receive all list mail.

> I don't see the point in having two copies of
> my own mail, so i was asking whether other users do any special
> settings, so that one mail is automatically deleted.

I think 'unset copy' in your muttrc will do what you want. Personally I
don't mind having another copy in the sent folder.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)