Re: pine help

Arvind Marathe <bahuroopi@gmail.com> wrote:
AM> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 6:56 AM, i'll teach you to turn away.
>>        for curiousity's sake, i renamed sensible-browser & then copied
>> lynx as /usr/bin/sensible-browser, but doing so made no difference to
>> pine.
AM> The script /usr/bin/sensible-browser points to /usr/bin/www-browser or
AM> /usr/bin/x-www-browser. So rather than renaming, a better option would
AM> be to set www-browser using
AM> update-alternatives --config www-browser
AM> and selecting lynx.

	hm.

compunction:/home/crank# update-alternatives --config www-browser

There is only 1 program which provides www-browser
(/usr/bin/links2). Nothing to configure.

	bit more help? i never actively use update-alternatives for
anything; it's been one of those programs i only use when someone tells me
to. ;D

AM> Perhaps you tried to play with links2 for a while and set the default
AM> www-browser to links2? and then uninstalled links2?

	nah, i use links2 plenty, especially when something wants java -
but it's never been my default from pine.

lish
crank@got.net