Re: pine help

Aaron Hall <lisps@vitaphone.net> wrote:
AH> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
>>       hi, yes, i have:
>> url-viewers="/usr/bin/lynx _URL_"
AH> Do the URLs have any special characters ("?", "&" from CGI and whatnot)?
AH> I've noticed that alpine 1.0 (and probably pine) gives exactly the
AH> behavior you mention with such URLs. URLs without special characters

	no, the characters are all alphanumeric, no spaces even. however:

AH> If this is it, I could work around it in Alpine 1.0 by hitting 'A' for
AH> editApp and manually putting quotes around the _URL_ token.

	'A' on the attachment gave me details about it, which is a command
i've never used. the curious part is this:

                Type            : Text
                Subtype         : HTML
                Encoding        : QUOTED-PRINTABLE
                Parameters      : CHARSET = Windows-1252
                Approx. Size    : 19,695 bytes
                Display Method  : "/usr/bin/sensible-browser '<datafile>'"

	sensible-browser? i've never used or configured that... sensi*
isn't anywhere in the config, either. invoking it looks just like links2.

	for curiousity's sake, i renamed sensible-browser & then copied
lynx as /usr/bin/sensible-browser, but doing so made no difference to
pine.

lish                                                  "i never realized
crank@got.net                          ignoring him was an option." -sp
43.9% / 32                                                RANA 128 / 70