Re: The (New?) xorg configuration system

On Wednesday 23 July 2008 01:48:45 pm Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> On 2008-07-23 16:50, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Synaptics_Touchpad
> >
> > http://johnny.chadda.se/2007/08/12/speed-up-your-synaptics-touchpad-in-ub
> >untu/
> >
> > http://johnny.chadda.se/2007/08/12/disable-the-synaptics-touchpad-when-ty
> >ping/
> >
> > Really, the first is enough to get your touchpad working with some
> > advanced options.
>
> or just look at
> /usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics/README.Debian
>
> which should be sufficient to get you going^^^^^^^scrolling.
>
> 8-D
>
> Johannes

All ready covered two emails ago.
>>In a word, Yes.

>>For an example you can see /usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics and
>>the
>>ever present/cryptic man synaptics.

 Notice I said ADVANCED options?  I find killing the touchpad while typing
while still using the alt and ctrl keys with out killing the touchpad a
useful feature as is circular scrolling.

Once you KNOW to look under xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (really intuitive,
that, it should just be /usr/share/doc/synaptics, how are you supposed to
know to look for xserver-xorg-input-synaptics?) you can get a basic set up
running, but it is nice to look at what others have done to make advanced
things work.  I think you pointed out that doc to me the last time this came
up, as a result, I referenced it to Celejar first.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com