The (New?) xorg configuration system

Hi,

My xorg.conf files used to have sections such as these:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
        Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "0"
        Option          "SHMConfig"             "true"

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller"
	Driver          "i810"
	BusID           "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

My current xorg.conf doesn't.  I seem to recall reading on this list
that current xorg.conf's are simpler, but where did all the
configuration options go?  Am I supposed to add back the sections that
I need manually, in order to set the options that I need?  E.g.,
currently my Synaptics touchpad's scrollbar is inoperable.

Celejar