Re: Switching keyboard language with Ctrl+Shift in the KDE

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Fri,18.Jul.08, 21:14:54, Anton Liaukevich wrote:
Andrei Popescu wrote:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"

Try changing this to "us,ru". You can also to it with dpkg-reconfigure (the question about layouts to use).

Regards,
Andrei

Thanks to Andrei Popescu & Cedric Boutillier!

Unfortunately, Andrei's solution with xorg.conf (XkbLayout & XkbOptions options) hasn't helped me.

Therefore I have returned my old solution. I selected only "Russian" layout but turned on the checkbox "Include lation layout" so that command for xkb became: "setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout ru,us" and turned on the checkbox "Ctrl+Shift change layout" in 'Xkb Options' tab.

But I have founded option 'ScrollLock LED shows alternative layout' in
'Xkb Options' tab and turned it on (command became "setxkbmap -option grp_led:scroll,grp:ctrl_shift_toggle"). Now ScrollLock LED is on when current language is Russian and is off when current language is English.
Such solution suits me.