Re: Switching keyboard language with Ctrl+Shift in the KDE

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Thu,17.Jul.08, 19:52:32, Anton Liaukevich wrote:
I want to use "Russia" & "USA" keyboard layouts and switch them with
Ctrl+Shift. I had added "Russia" & "USA" to active layouts so that I can
 switch them with left-mouse-click in the tray. But I hadn't be able to
find option for layout switching in "Keyboard Shortcuts" (excepting for
"Switch to Next Keyboard Layout") applet of KDE Control Center.

For now I selected only "Russian" layout but turned on the checkbox
"Include lation layout" so that command for xkb became:
"setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout ru,us" and turned on the checkbox
"Ctrl+Shift change layout" in "Xkb Options" tab. After it I has been
able to switch language with Ctrl+Shift. Unfortunately, now I can't see
current language in the tray that is very inconvenient.

I'm not familiar with KDE, but you should be able to achieve the same by using 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg'. At the question about additional options for the keyboard put:

grp:ctrl_shift_toggle

Regards,
Andrei
Hello, Andrei!

I have done that you had advised me, then added 'Russia' & 'USA' to active layouts of 'Keyboard Layout' applet of KDE Control Center. Unfortunately, language switching hasn't begun to work.

Settings of my keyboard in xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle"
EndSection