Re: My first message... more of a mad mans rant...

Steven Maddox (Cyorxamp) wrote:
> First of all I want to bring up the idea of a FSF Debian GNU/Linux,
> everyone I have spoken to on IRC so far are in support of this idea so I
> thought I'd outline it here so that theres a record of it.

Hi

Erase the contrib non-free part in your /etc/sources.list entries, now you
have an entirely free distibution, the reason that there are differences with
the FSF, Debian has NON FREE repositories and debian users has freedom to
choose to use them or not.

Ubuntu has marketing, and money, so they rename different flavours, like
windows does with vista ultimate, home, and all the kind, one of them is
entirely free, like Debian main repositories.

So basically thats it, have a good day, don't hate ubuntu, they have a
product (a good one), instaed try to be proud of Debian and help to improve it.

Be happy!.

http://stupidityandmalice.blogspot.com/			    Ignacio Mondino
							      	Don't Panic