Re: Query about OCR package(s)

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 01:51:23 +0800 (WST)
Bret Busby <bret@busby.net> wrote:

Hello Bret,

> So, Adobe Reader 8.0 provides the text extraction, or copying, that I
> sought, so an OCR application that imports text from PDF files, is
> now probably redundant (other than that it could function as a

Only for PDFs that have got text in them.  Some PDFs have scanned
pages, which we can read, but there's no text to extract;  It's a
graphic file when all's said and done.  You'll need OCR for the images.

--
 Regards  _

Is she really going out with him?
New Rose - The Damned