Re: apt-get don't update or upgrade

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 12:20:36PM +0200, Micaela Gallerini <mat.r.gl@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> 2008/7/7, Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org>:
>

> >   I have one more thing to try: could you run your original "update"
> >  command with these extra options?
> >
> >     -o "Debug::pkgAcquire=true" -o "Debug::Acquire::http=true"
> >
> >   Post the exact output you get.  If you normally run in a non-English
> >  locale, it would be helpful if you switched to English first, e.g.:
> >
> >     LC_ALL=C apt-get update ...
> >

> I try to run this file, but it's only in italian...:S

  Did you put "LC_ALL=C" at the front of the line like I suggested
above?  That should have worked as far as I know...

> the log is this... the network update after this command...:S
>
> any one can explain me what is succed and how to avoid that it repeat
> again, please?

  Without knowing why it was failing I can't say why it started working
again.  It sounds to me like maybe you had some sort of transparent
proxy sitting between you and the archive, but I can't confirm that
without seeing a trace from a failing session.  Sorry.

  Daniel