Re: Hibernate/suspend works without quirks, but not with Gnome

Michael Biebl wrote:
> Magnus Therning wrote:
>> I have a desktop system that is fully capable of hibernating and
>> suspending.  Both
>>
>>  % pm-hibernate
>>
>> and
>>
>>  % pm-suspend
>>
>> work beautifully.  I don't need to supply any further command line
>> options.  Resuming is also no problems.  Despite this
>> gnome-power-manager refuses to let me hibernate/suspend using the
>> shutdown dialogue.  Confusingly the message written to /var/log/messages
>> on an attempt to hibernate is:
>>
>>  Jun 30 22:11:55 tatooine gnome-power-manager: (magnus) Resuming
>> computer
>>  Jun 30 22:11:55 tatooine gnome-power-manager: (magnus) hibernate failed
>>
>> I'm not really sure how to get this working from Gnome.  The quirks
>> pages don't seem to handle this situation...
>>

> What does /var/log/pm-suspend.log say, when you call suspend/hibernate
> via g-p-m?
> Is your user in group powerdev?
> Is your machine listed in hal-info to require quirks (lshal | grep
> quirk)?
> What graphic adapter / graphics driver / kernel version do you use?

Adding myself to the powerdev group seems to have done the trick.
Thanks for the help!

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

Haskell is an even 'redder' pill than Lisp or Scheme.
     -- PaulPotts