Re: kde volume control question

On 07/03/2008 05:02 PM, Kent West wrote:
How do I get the volume control in the systray to control the PCM control instead of whatever other control it is presumably controlling?

The tiny volume control affects the "master" volume control; however, the master volume is bounded by the PCM volume (for PCM data--whatever that is), so if you turn the master volume up to 100%, but PCM is at 50%, you get 50% volume.

The solution would be to set the PCM volume to an acceptably high level, and save the volume state using "alsactl store"; I think that KDE might have a separate way to manage mixer state persistence, so you may have to investigate that too.