Re: driver loaded automatically

I have checked the udev. But I thought udev is responsible for creating the device files after the modules have been loaded. Am I wrong?

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Gabriel Parrondo <g.parrondo@gmail.com> wrote:
El mié, 02-07-2008 a las 16:57 +0800, ray escribió:
> Yes, the discover package. Now I see the discover package can be
> removed from my system and maybe can make my system boot up a little
> more quick.
> I would like to know the details of the kernel's own detection
> mechanism. Do you know where can I find the documentation about it?
> Thank for you reply.

The kernel-level system used is hotplug. It generates events on hardware
detection and then user-level applications take care of those events.
That user-level application is usually udev. Check man udev for more
info on configuring it.

Here are some introductory articles. For advanced info, STFW.

I'm not sure if the info is up-to-date, they were just sitting in my

Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138
GnuPG Public Key ID: BED7BF43
JID: gabrielp@xmpp.us

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory,
there's no difference between theory and practice."