Re: driver loaded automatically

El mié, 02-07-2008 a las 16:57 +0800, ray escribió:
> Yes, the discover package. Now I see the discover package can be
> removed from my system and maybe can make my system boot up a little
> more quick.
> I would like to know the details of the kernel's own detection
> mechanism. Do you know where can I find the documentation about it?
> Thank for you reply.

The kernel-level system used is hotplug. It generates events on hardware
detection and then user-level applications take care of those events.
That user-level application is usually udev. Check man udev for more
info on configuring it.

Here are some introductory articles. For advanced info, STFW.
http://lwn.net/Articles/242046/
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Hotplug
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Udev

I'm not sure if the info is up-to-date, they were just sitting in my
bookmarks.

[...]
--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory,
there's no difference between theory and practice."