Re: no printer in latest iceweasel

On 06/25/2008 05:48 AM, Nate Bargmann wrote:
* Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> [2008 Jun 25 02:20 -0500]:

This is a retrograde development. A principal advantage of Linux has
always been that you had a wide choice, but this restricts choice. It
seems that I must either use CUPS, which I don't want to do, or print to
file and then print that.

I guess I don't understand the reluctance to use CUPS.  Once I switched
to it a few years ago, many printing issues I had were solved. Granted, it's another daemon running, but, IMO, worth it.

- Nate >>

CUPS is complicated bloatware that a user of a directly-connected printer *shouldn't* need.