Re: Remote upgrade headless server with businesscard ISO?

David Barrett:

> Toward this end, do you know if I can just unpack the businesscard ISO
> into this new filesystem (instead of using debootstrap) and configure it
> with a preseed file?  This seems sensible, but I don't see how to avoid
> deleting itself midway when I do the full-drive format.

I haven't done that myself, but I guess you cannot do it without using a
spare partition. But that doesn't mean you have to repartition, you
probably have a swap partition which you don't need during
reinstallation. So just swapoff, mkfs and there you are. You could use
the swap partition for debootstrapping as well.

J.
--
Atrocities committed in Rwanda pervade my mind when I am discussing
mundanities with acquaintances.