Re: Remote upgrade headless server with businesscard ISO?

David Barrett:
> Toward this end, do you know if I can just unpack the businesscard ISO
> into this new filesystem (instead of using debootstrap) and configure it
> with a preseed file?  This seems sensible, but I don't see how to avoid
> deleting itself midway when I do the full-drive format.

I haven't done that myself, but I guess you cannot do it without using a
spare partition. But that doesn't mean you have to repartition, you
probably have a swap partition which you don't need during
reinstallation. So just swapoff, mkfs and there you are. You could use
the swap partition for debootstrapping as well.

Atrocities committed in Rwanda pervade my mind when I am discussing
mundanities with acquaintances.
[Agree]   [Disagree]