Re: Remote upgrade headless server with businesscard ISO?

Please don't top-post. Thanks.

David Barrett:

> Well, debootstrap is great (totally awesome, really) for setting up a
> chroot, but I'm not super sure how to pull the rug out from underneath
> the old bootable OS installation and insert the new bootable chroot,
> swap in the new kernel, etc.

You'll need a free partition for the new root filesystem. Just create a
new filesystem on it and install a base system using debootstrap. After
that you only need to tweak your grub.conf to use the new filesystem as
/ and you're basically done.

But don't rely on my description, just google for a howto on that topic.
I know that there are several on the net because I use one of them
myself.

J.
--
I wish I was gay.