Re: NOT ABLE TO INSTALL DEBIAN 4.0r3

Star Liu wrote:
I'm also a newbie, and don't know how to solve your problem, but I have a little suggestion:
256 MB RAM -> 2G RAM
use amd64 iso instead of i386 to install, only the 1st iso is needed

Something a newbie should be aware of: Top-posting is discouraged. It makes some people cranky.

However, Star has a very good suggestion. If you have a recent CPU, you may want AMD64. Don't let the name throw you, it is also for 64-bit Intel x86 CPUs as well. (Don't go for the IA64 distribution; that is for the Itanium, not x86_64. A lot of people make that mistake.)

Mark Allums